Company Summary: The Women’s Transportation Seminar International (WTSI) is an international organization dedicated to the professional advancement of women in transportation. WTSI attracts, sustains, connects, and advances women’s careers to strengthen the transportation industry. WTSI offers its over 8,500 members, including women and men, access to high-caliber professional development, networking opportunities, mentoring programs, and unparalleled access to industry and government leaders. WTSI is helping women find opportunity and recognition in the transportation industry.
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant & Office Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director and will be an integral part of the WTS team. The Executive Assistant supports all aspects of the organization through support of the Executive Director including managing calendars, responding to and sending email communications, board administration, fulfillment of corporate partner benefits, preparing expense reports, and assisting with internal and external delivery of communications. In supporting the Executive Director in board administrator, this position assists in planning and executing board meetings, including producing board briefing books, travel and scheduling, minute taking, and general support. As Office Coordinator, this position assists in daily office coordination including clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail, maintaining files, and ordering supplies. The Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator is often the first contact point for members, stakeholders, and Board Members and therefore provides timely and accurate customer services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Executive Assistant:
• Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients, and other external partners
· Manage Executive Director’s calendar
· Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
• Maintain contact lists
• Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
• Develop and maintain a filing system for Executive Director and Office
• Book travel arrangements
• Submit and reconcile expense reports
• Research and create presentations
• Assist in management of Executive Director’s inbox
• Assist on special projects as assigned
• Assist in developing and producing Board Briefing Books
• Take accurate minutes during Board and Committee Meetings with tracking of action items
• Assist Executive Director in tracking and completing action items
• Collect information from staff to develop briefing memos
• Produce staff and leadership team agendas
• Assist Executive Director in creating monthly and annual reports, tracking organizational goals
• Work as part of leadership team to track progress on organizational goals
• Assist Executive Director in tracking Corporate Partnership pledges, payments, and benefit fulfillment
· Overseeing clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail
· Keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed
· Maintaining files
· Welcoming visitors to office
· Answering phone calls
· Taking and delivering messages
· Ensuring the office runs smoothly
· Scheduling meetings and sending meeting invites to attendees
· Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
· Assist Director, Finance and Administration in managing office IT tickets
· Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
· Coordinate office procedures
· Reply to email, telephone, or face to face enquiries
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, or similar role. Excellent MS Office knowledge. Outstanding organizational and time management skills. Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g. copy and postage machines), excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to use discretion and keep confidentiality a requirement.
The Women’s Transportation Seminar International (WTSI) is an international organization dedicated to the professional advancement of women in transportation. WTSI attracts, sustains, connects and advances women’s careers to strengthen the transportation industry. With over 8,500 members in 65 chapters across the United States and Canada, WTS provides unprecedented access with members representing the highest levels of the transportation industry and offers programs attracting emerging leaders to careers in STEM. WTSI is helping women find opportunity and recognition in the transportation industry.