Information Technology and Web, Marketing, Membership
4 Year Degree
ONLINE COMMUNITIES AND SOCIAL CHANNELS MANAGER
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 175 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise and knowledge that each one brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® and ASA was also named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last three years. As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
The Online Communities and Social Channels Manager position is responsible for setting strategic direction and leading the strategic use of the ASA’s internal and external online social channels -- with particular emphasis on ASA’s member-focused online communities, as well as public platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. With the guidance and direction of the Marketing and Communications Executive, and in robust collaboration with member and staff leadership, this position will build and grow meaningful engagement across these platforms. They are responsible for communicating, generating buy-in and understanding, and upholding the strategic approach and tactical implementation.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· As a key component of the organizational communication strategy, develop and execute social channel strategy to uphold best practices and generate positive member engagement, desired action and participation through internal and external social communication channels. Includes primary focus on ASA member-facing online communities, as well as responsible and progressive use of public platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
· Establish and maintain strategic ownership of the ASA-branded online community platform, driving selection, adoption, training, administration, and vendor management. Facilitate input and guidance from key, high-level member stakeholders and collaborate with Digital Product Management and Information Technology teams to ensure appropriately consistent look and feel, and functionality and user experience meets expectations and needs.
· Advise on content strategy. Initiate, curate, and develop audience-focused, on-brand, format-appropriate content for social channels, considering message priorities and business needs and goals. Create multimedia content elements including imagery, video, audio, copy and interactive components to effectively deliver compelling messages.
· Work in close partnership with Marketing and Communications and Public Relations teams to integrate social channels in all communication and promotional plans. Manage paid social advertising (in concert with organic social efforts) to reach campaign goals and organizational objectives. Consult various business units on the appropriate use of social channels for sub-brands.
· Manage ASA’s day-to-day social presence and tactics on all appropriate channels. Develop and implement audience engagement plans for ASA online communities. Test and recommend enhancements and adoption of new approaches for content and customer/audience interaction and engagement.
· Identify opportunities to leverage online communities and public social channels to forward the work and foster participation of the committees or other governance bodies through close collaboration with Governance and Membership teams, committee liaisons and high-level member leaders.
· Serve as moderator of key online communities, actively engaging with members to motivate their participation and user-generated content, to maximize their experience. Provide moderator training, coaching and guidance to other staff and member leaders who are aligned with specific online communities.
· Build efficient workflows for planning, managing, publishing online content in support of message priorities, business needs and goals, and promotional campaigns. Establish necessary processes and maintain centralized calendar for content management and publication.
· Mine social conversations as marketing research opportunity to understand key issues, needs, motivations and challenges for key audiences, as well as to identify competitive threats and public relations concerns and opportunities. Define escalation practices and roles.
· Determine, drive and report on Key Performance Indicators, including metrics for engagement and utilization and competitive activity. Communicate performance in meaningful ways for various staff and member audiences.
· Uphold best practices and stay abreast of innovations in the social and online community space.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
· Minimum 5 years of related experience.
· Minimum 3 years of hands-on management and implementation of internal organization- or company-branded online social communities within a member or customer-forward organization, with progressive growth in activity and engagement.
· Minimum 3 years of hands-on management and implementation of external social media communications with progressive growth in activity and engagement and demonstrated application of content creation and curation.
· Experience with online data reporting and social publishing tools. Exhibits strong technical understanding and adopts new tools without hesitance.
· Association experience desired. Understanding of governance and experience working with member leadership helpful.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and professionalism required. Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders, including key executive staff and member leaders, requiring a high level of finesse and diplomacy.
About American Society of Anesthesiologists
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for three years in a row.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!