The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association which serves a growing membership of more than 53,000 physician anesthesiologists, medical students and care team members. At ASA, we strive to be the best medical society in the world by offering superior educational opportunities and resources. Colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of our members and strive to implement and enhance policies that benefit physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. At ASA we’re collaborative, dedicated to our members, committed to excellence and continuously improving. As a testament to these values we were named one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2018 and 2017, and a winner of the 2018 and 2017 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation®. To further strengthen the organization, we’re seeking individuals who are talented, knowledgeable, motivated and agile. If these qualities resonate with you, you may be the perfect addition to our growing staff!
The E-Learning Design Specialist is responsible for consulting with ASA education staff and subject matter experts (SME) on the analysis, design, development and delivery of engaging interactive, self-directed web-based instructional content, by writing textual descriptions, creating and planning the creation of appropriate illustrations, and developing innovative ways to impart complex concepts to the target audience. This position will also help manage learning content in the Learning Management System (LMS), ensuring content consistency, quality, and ongoing maintenance.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) within ASA leadership and staff, volunteer members and other experts to identify learning objectives, and to determine training solutions and other performance enhancement solutions (e-learning reinforcement, badges, role clarity, job aids, etc.) to meet the educational needs of practicing anesthesiologists and their care teams to close practice gaps in compliance with all ACCME accreditation and ABA maintenance of certification standards and guidelines.
· Create and maintain a diverse mix of educational programing in live and enduring formats using a variety of delivery methods including interactive web based and multimedia.
· Consult with education managers and various team members on course design and navigation within LMS to optimize user experience with effectively and intuitively traversing content on all computer and mobile devices.
· Build and manage technical course set-up in LMS and apply publishing and authoring tools that support the implementation and deployment of e-learning and mobile app programs.
· Design evaluation strategies, tools to measure program effectiveness and reports to determine whether desired learning and performance outcomes are achieved.
· Create supporting graphics, multimedia assets, and learning objects.
· Collaborate with various project teams to understand/develop newly released content and rebrand, redesign, and refresh existing courses.
· Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Training, Educational Technology or Professional Development required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a rapid E-Learning development environment.
· Ability to provide a portfolio of E-learning products/materials demonstrating a broad range of web-based courseware, digital and recorded technologies.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Learning Management System (Moodle) and technology including authoring tools (Articulate 360, Rise, Adobe Captivate and Photoshop preferred).
· Familiar with LMS functionality and administration.
· Able to successfully integrate adult learning principles and distance learning education.
· Excellent project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and working with stakeholders.
· Knowledge in accreditation requirements for granting continuing education and able to organize documentation to demonstrate compliance (preferred).
· Ability to master complex systems quickly and translate technical information for novices to easily understand.
· Highly detail oriented, proactive, and self-directed with a willingness and ability to do what it takes to see projects through to completion - often under tight deadlines.
· Professionalism: Good judgment; ability to interact with all levels of staff, volunteers, and vendors.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists® (ASA) is a medical association which serves a growing membership of more than 52,000 physician anesthesiologists, medical students and care team members. At ASA, we strive to be the best medical society in the world by offering superior educational opportunities and resources.
With more than 170 employees in Schaumburg, Illinois and Washington D.C., the collaborative nature of our organization encourages us to appreciate each contribution, unique expertise and the vast knowledge that every individual brings to the table. We’re dedicated to our members because they’re dedicated to their patients, and we strive to create an outstanding experience to help them succeed in their practice. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily to-do list—we set high expectations, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Our desire to keep improving is the proverbial wind beneath our wings; we seek feedback, pursue knowledge and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
As a testament to these values we were named one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2018 and 2017, and a ...winner of the 2017 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation®. Colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of our members and strive to implement and enhance policies that benefit physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. To continue strengthening the organization, we’re seeking individuals who are talented, knowledgeable, motivated and agile. If these qualities resonate with you, you may be the perfect addition to our growing staff!