Chief Executive Officer
United Soybean Board
St. Louis, MO
The United Soybean Board (USB) is one of the largest commodity check-off programs in the United States and the world. The association is seeking a well-rounded professional to lead a dynamic, high-energy integrated marketing team. A new level of leadership is sought to carry it into the future. Within the industry and among commodity promotion organizations, it is regarded as the gold standard.
The CEO will provide strategic leadership and day-to-day management over all aspects of USB’s planning and operations for the U.S. soybean industry leading a team of 70+ and representing the annual marketing, communications and research efforts in accordance with the policies, goals and objectives established by the Board. The CEO participates in and provides oversight for governance and executive functions, organizational leadership, management and direction functions, and financial, legal and contractual management functions.
- To lead with vision, creativity and clarity the Board’s business strategies and action plans, based on industry needs.
- To guide a team of high-energy senior marketing and sales professionals.
- To ensure smooth operation of the organizational business infrastructure.
- To be an entrepreneurial voice and advocate for an industry seeking commercial use of soy with applications animal nutrition, human nutrition and industrial applications
- Develop strong strategic alliances with related industry groups.
- Work closely with elected grower Board of Directors, United States Department of Agriculture, the state soybean associations, soy industry representatives.
- Confident in coordinating and facilitating relationships between industry and government organizations.
- Hands-on, inspirational manager comfortable leading experienced marketing team.
- Strong experience in change management to drive a high-performance culture of accountability.
- Skilled opening international markets; growing domestic.
- Solid record of professional work in integrated marketing, administration, and budgeting.
- Familiarity with commodity marketing programs and agri-business.
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal and writing. Strong consensus builder skilled in managing large, diverse groups.
- High moral and ethical principles; comfortable reporting to a large Board of Directors of farmers.
- Ability to physically relocate to St. Louis, MO.
For referrals or to submit a resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All expressions of interest are confidential.