Plans and coordinates event logistics for specified meetings, events, and exhibits.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes assigned meetings, events, and exhibits.
- Analyzes education and training needs of association's stakeholders to identify topics and delivery methods to effectively meet those needs and identify potential speakers by monitoring industry publications and web sites. Shares knowledge of speakers, program ideas, etc.
- Serves as staff liaison to the assigned councils.
- Assists with preparing departmental budgets and operates within the annual budget for the association’s educational programs and activities.
- Staff liaison for all event housing logistics (association’s rooming lists, concessions, comp allocations, and coding hotel invoice). Serves as liaison with association’s housing bureau.
- Assists with the development of a written marketing plan/timeline for assigned meetings and exhibits, based on budget.
- Researches and recommends sites for assigned meetings and conducts facility contract negotiations.
- Responsible for producing and managing all aspects of assigned meetings/exhibits, including pre-show program development and marketing, and onsite management. To include meeting set up in association's database, maintaining registration statistics/rosters, event specifications, and budget reports.
- Coordinates promotional materials/efforts, mailings and email broadcasts (including brochures, letter merges, labels, mail lists, assembly, stuffing, postage, press releases, web site information, email text and newsletters) for assigned meetings/exhibits.
- Coordinates education program survey activities, which encompass survey development and distribution, compiling and analyzing response data, and disseminating the information to the appropriate parties, i.e. staff, committees, and speakers. Makes recommendations based on survey results.
- Solicits speaker participation and conducts speaker contract negotiations. Coordinates education program and speaker logistics for assigned meetings.
- Responsible for securing and contracting assigned meetings vendors (hotel/facility, floral, security, general contractor, photographer, AV, taping, buses, entertainment, special event, decorator contractor).
- Communicates event/exhibit logistics to contractors and drafts detailed event specifications for assigned meetings to include speaker requirements, room-set up instructions, food and beverage requirements, instructions to contractors and staff, etc.
- Develops and maintains speaker database and collects audio visual/biography information from speakers. Follows up with speakers as necessary. Provides speaker and session information to communications staff for the development of promotional materials.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned meetings’ web content on the HFTP web site.
- Serves as meeting/exhibits planning resource to staff and members.