Position Title: Managing Director
Reports to: Epoxy Interest Group Steering Committee
Overview: Senior level position, responsible for all operations of the Epoxy Interest Group of CRSI, promoting and defending the interests and advantages of epoxy-coated reinforcing steel to the specifying community, especially Departments of Transportation. This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing strategy relating to market development of epoxy-coated reinforcing steel including: development of print and digital publications including newsletters and advertising materials, websites, and strategic representation at conferences and trade shows. Must be a strong advocate for epoxy-coated reinforcing steel in the marketplace. Required to facilitate and coordinate representation on national technical committees such as CRSI, ACI, ASTM, NTPEP, and other related organizations (e.g.: PCI, TRB, NACE, AASHTO, NCBC).
- Identify, develop, and implement (alongside EIG members) strategies and tactics to preserve and grow market share of epoxy-coated reinforcing steel
- Develop and maintain relationships with key personnel within the specifying community
- Develop information on the use and performance of various corrosion-resistant systems for concrete
- Provide routine feedback for EIG member organizations on opportunities and threats to epoxy reinforcing steel
- Maintain and recommend branding
- Minimum 40 percent travel
- Oversee maintenance and update content of website and other media as required
- Coordinate member participation in technical committees covering durability of concrete structures and corrosion.
- Coordinate participation in technical presentations on the use and performance of various corrosion-resistant materials
- Develop and maintain operations within budget
- Assist with the solicitation, selection, and coordination of research programs
- Identify and oversee EIG membership benefits and services