We are seeking a detail oriented, friendly professional to join a small, high-energy, award winning association in Washington, DC. This position will play a critical role in ensuring the success of programs by working collaboratively with staff, committees, speakers, and others throughout the year. The Meetings Manager will report directly to the CEO and work with the Operations Manager to coordinate events and communicate via direct email and social media marketing.
The successful candidate will be energetic, forward-thinking and have a strong eye for detail with excellent organizational skills. He/she will need to work quickly and efficiently on several projects at one time, be result oriented, and have strong time management skills. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy with staff, CFAW leaders, membership, and the public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage individual program budgets
- Maintain and leverage venue database
- Source venues, catering, A/V and other logistics
- Prepare event materials and manage onsite event set-up
- Logistics: handle all registration related questions, produce and prepare name badges, coordinate speaker logistics and panel preparation.
- Manage on-site registration table, handle walk-ins, and provide customer service
- Prepare post-event survey/email
- Update programs compilation survey
- Format registration attendee list for CE credit upload
- Provide weekly registration reports and develop post event reports
- Prepare weekly event e-blasts
- Co-manage society’s social media accounts