The Americans for the Arts Action Fund is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit membership organization working to enlist and mobilize 1 million citizen activists to advocate for arts-friendly public policies to be adopted at the federal, state, and local levels. To that end, the Arts Action Fund Membership and Fundraising Associate is responsible for developing, executing, and tracking the results of membership and donor acquisition and renewal campaigns, including direct mail and online communication campaigns of the Arts Action Fund. The Membership and Fundraising Associate will provide recommendations for fundraising and marketing strategies based on data analysis of campaigns. The Membership and Fundraising Associate will serve as an additional liaison with database, fulfillment, mail-house, and website external vendors and internal database managers to ensure the proper entry of all membership information, analyze the results and provide strategic recommendations as a result of such statistics. The Membership and Fundraising Associate will be responsible for entering PAC contributions and filing timely FEC reports as well as helping to maintain legal compliance protocols between three separate but related organizations. The Membership and Fundraising Associate will report directly to the Arts Action Fund Program Manager and works closely with the Executive Director of the Arts Action Fund on political programmatic activities and messaging.
MEMBERSHIP ASSOCIATE KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, input, and track all membership data and materials to help reach our long-range goal of one million members.
- Execute monthly renewal campaigns
- Issue standard data reports, updating the organization’s Weekly Report, etc.
- Allocate tracking codes for various fundraising and membership campaigns and execute data pulls and uploads between programs
- Create unique campaign landing pages on the website and for making basic updates to the web.
- Execute acknowledgement letters and fulfillment with vendors
- Respond to and clean out the Arts Action Fund Inbox on a daily basis
- Work closely with the Arts Action Fund Executive Director in drafting action alerts, legislative updates, and year-end solicitations.
- Update the Arts Action Fund website and social media pages every weekday with new content and removing old content.
- Provide organization-wide weekly update statistics on membership, fundraising numbers, and social media statistics.
- Assist in implementing fundraising strategies to upgrade and retain donors, including drafting direct mail and email marketing materials, and phone-banking.
- Maintain, input, and track all fundraising individual and campaign materials to help us reach our long-range PAC goal of raising $250,000 every election cycle.
- Provide exceptional customer service to members.
- Ensure the timely completion of tasks related to the Arts Action Fund PAC and the Arts & Humanities in America PAC
- Process PAC contributions, disbursements and reports in timely manner according to FEC rules
- Complete FEC filings
- Weekly mail merge of PAC thank you letters
- Coordinate solicitation letters
- Monitor legal compliance of $5K maximum aggregate contributions from donors and to candidates per election
- Work closely with the Finance Office to reconcile deposits and distributions.
- Work to integrate Arts Action Fund membership and donation activities into partner programs and planning. Attend Arts Action Fund Board of Directors conference calls, take official minutes, and supply update bullets in advance of board meetings.
- Archive all marketing campaigns and their results and work with storage vendor.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with membership, and/or CRM databases, especially Salesforce strongly preferred
- Knowledge of marketing and fundraising strategies and data analysis
- Proven customer service experience, a positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members and partners
- The Membership Coordinator will be trained in the following databases & programs (any previous experience is a plus):
- Bluestate Digital
- Voter Voice
- PAC Builder
- Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- The Membership Coordinator will become skilled in social media programs:
- Experience with web content management, PACs or FEC a plus
- Strong interest in political and legislative affairs and the arts
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Skilled experience in Microsoft Suite programs
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Some travel required
- A commitment to advancing the arts in America
The Arts Action Fund contracts with Americans for the Arts for employee support and thereby abides by Americans for the Arts’ employment policies and practices.