The American Trucking Associations (ATA), the nation’s leading trade and lobby association representing the trucking industry, is actively seeking a Product Development Manager. This position helps to ensure the effectiveness of all technical products, services, and activities of the Technology & Maintenance Council. The incumbent in this role will report to the TMC Executive Director. This position has no supervisory or budgetary responsibilities.
- Develops and produces technical products, services and programs with cooperation of industry volunteer membership and other TMC/ATA staff as appropriate including TMC’s Executive Director, Technical Director, VMRS Services Manager, etc.;
- Ensures timely market development of publications (printed, electronic, mobile device apps, etc.) that contribute to TMC/ATA’s financial base;
- Supports the technical programming, educational programming, and content of TMC’s general meetings;
- Contributes to maintenance of Council’s website, social media platforms (e.g., TMC Connect, Facebook, etc.) using Microsoft SharePoint and Higher Logic and other site administration tools. This includes posting stories, items of interest and images/videos.
Knowledge and Skills
- BS degree in related-sciences, such as engineering, physical sciences, english/journalism, standards management plus;
- 3-5 years in management and/or writing/editing of technical standards and/or product development;
- Keen communication skills both verbal and written;
- Social Media experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to turn complex technical information into useful references;
- Working knowledge of word processing, desktop/graphic publishing, database and relevant software packages: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) required.
ATA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is located in Arlington, Va., outside of Washington, D.C., within walking distance of the Ballston Metro station.
To apply: Please visit http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/trucking/publicjobs to submit your resume and cover letter. Please include salary requirements in cover letter. Resumes received without the required information will not be considered.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US. Please no third-party, agency responses, re-postings, calls or walk-ins. ATA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action and At-Will employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on their own merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.