This position will be responsible for the coordination, delivery/facilitation and implementation of training and capacity-building services to FLA’s affiliated collegiate licensees. She/he will develop and implement development plans and materials, deliver training and coordinate the development and delivery by additional service providers when required. The Training and Capacity-Building Manager will conduct needs assessments and develop additional fee-based training, in coordination with the Director of Stakeholder Services and Communication.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports To: Director of Stakeholder Services & Communications
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, deliver and coordinate training materials to affiliated companies, suppliers and universities, with an initial focus on bolstering training for the licensee program.
- Ensure that the delivery of training is cost-effective, consistent, efficient, and meets or exceeds affiliate expectations.Work with and develop a list of additional service providers for the development and delivery of additional training modules
- Conduct training and development needs assessments in consultation with FLA staff, affiliates and other stakeholders.
- Assist the Director of Stakeholder Services & Communications to develop additional, on demand, fee-based trainings for affiliates.
- Provide instruction in the areas of social responsibility, social compliance program development, workplace health and safety, workers’ rights, etc.
- Deliver training in various classroom formats when necessary, using relevant training materials such as texts, handouts, class exercises or assessment tools.
- Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology to maintain currency and relevance.
- Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Maintain accurate records, including class schedules, participant rosters, attendance, etc.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
- Proven analytical, detail orientation, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- People and facilitation skills
- Instructional design knowledge and experience with e-learning technology and software.
- Knowledge of different types of training content delivery practices and desire to keep abreast of current trends
- Ability to create effective tracking and management systems and to follow up and carry tasks through to completion
- Ability to provide consistent and timely responses to phone and email inquiries
- Proven judgment and discretion
- Ability to multitask and work with various groups of affiliates and global FLA staff is essential.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision are desired
- Work in office and training environments
- Heavy computer usage
- Requires bending, reaching and lifting to 20 lbs.
- Prolonged standing during training sessions
- Some travel required
Apply online at Careers at FLA
Fair Labor Association
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 401
Washington, DC 20036