The Optical Society (OSA), a prestigious non-profit, scientific professional society in Dupont Circle, is seeking a registration professional who manages the registration process and provides logistical support for all OSA Conferences & Meetings.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Registration Management: OSA Meeting Portfolio
- Sets up registrations paths for 8-10 OSA Topicals and Congresses in registration software (organization currently uses Cvent).
- Sets up events in OSA Membership Database (NetForum) to create links for data flow between membership database and third party registration software.
- Ensures accurate and proper design of online and paper registration forms.
- Contacts registrants to collect appropriate registration data and resolves any registration related issues.
- Serves as primary contact to OSA customer service team, finance, or other internal clients for registration related questions and issues.
- Sends registration confirmations and attendee communications to registrants in a timely manner.
- Issues certificate of attendance to event participants.
Registration Management: OFC and CLEO Conferences
- Serves as day to day contact for 3rd party registration vendor.
- Coordinates with internal OSA key contacts and OSA’s registration company to gather specifications for online and paper event registration forms.
- Leads internal testing of online registration, including collecting feedback and communicating changes to registration company.
- Reports weekly or as needed registration statistics starting 12 weeks out from the events.
- Responds to and resolves registration issues and questions from registration vendor and OSA’s Customer Service Team.
- Drafts on-site signage and coordinates on-site support services.
- Sets up registration area on-site and assists with on-site registration training of temp staff conducted by OSA’s registration company.
- Supervises the on-site registration process.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders through phone calls, emails, etc.
- Utilizes multiple registration or data management systems.
- Works closely with OSA Customer Service to provide accurate registration related talking points, fact sheets and procedures for handling inquiries.
- Processes registrations received through phone calls, mail, and fax accurately and efficiently.
- Reviews daily issue reports and reconciles any errors/omissions in the registration data with the organization’s Finance and IT department as appropriate.
- Understand integration process between organization’s registration and membership database.
- Continuously evaluates, measures, and improves registration processes, procedures and documentation.
Reporting & Integration
- Works with IT and stakeholders on registration integrations necessary when onboarding a new product/service/vendor, upgrades to products that impact registration systems, etc.
- Sets up weekly, automated, registration reports.
- Reconciles income with finance department during and after each event.
- Provides adhoc reporting on registration data as needed for event planning purposes (e.g. Special Needs, ticket sales).
On-Site Registration Management
- Generates badges and registration materials.
- Manages stuffing process for registration materials.
- Prepares check lists and oversees the preparation and shipping of on-site supplies, badges, badge holders, extra badge stock, registration materials, etc.
- Trains volunteers assisting with on-site registration duties.
- Staffs on-site registration counter at selected conferences.
- Attends project meetings.
- Populates event websites with registration information.
- Works with OSA Finance department and meeting manager on financial close out for registration income and expenses.
- Manages and maintains OSA’s official Terms and Conditions (T&C) of Registration and keeps them current with industry and consistent with OSA policies and practices:
- Thoroughly vets T&C’s with all stakeholders;
- Avoids any conflict of interest with pre-existing policies.
- Ensures regular internal legal review of T&Cs at the appropriate level.
- Communicates and enforces T&Cs effectively.
- Trains other OSA staff on the use of registration system as needed.
- Stays current with industry registration trends and makes recommendations for changes and enhancements to registration processes, physical setup and registration documents.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the meetings industry preferred.
- Prior work experience with registration and membership databases.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2013.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player (using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving).
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong follow-up and time management skills.
- Positive attitude and self-motivation.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly.
- Ability to travel 15-20%.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.