This is a specialized position in the Membership Strategy & Services department in which the incumbent will process membership renewal payments, new and reinstating applications for membership, membership status changes and chapter transfers. The Associates are also responsible for providing superior customer service by responding to inbound and outbound telephone calls, e-mail, fax inquiries and questions from the staff, components, and members regarding AIA membership. The Associate position is responsible for staying updated on all changes pertaining to departmental policies and procedures. This position reports to the Manager, Membership Operations.
This position is considered a core staff position. In order to provide AIA members and customers with services during inclement weather or similar extraordinary circumstances, the incumbent will telework and continue to serve our members and customers unless they encounter circumstances that may prevent them from teleworking.
- Maintains the AIA’s Association Management System membership database (netFORUM) module to accurately reflect the status of current, prospective and former members.
- Properly document all member inquiries within the AMS system (netFORUM) and or create member requests accordingly.
- Post membership dues payments to appropriate member record file accurately and timely.
- Process daily lockbox import of dues payments from banking institution.
- Balance financial transaction batches to payments received.
- Adhere to Membership Operations standard Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Confirm eligibility of new and reinstating applicants before entering their information into the database. This may include follow-up with prospective members if not ineligible for membership.
- Properly notify member with a new request for information when credit cards may be determined to be invalid, declined or expired during verification.
- Conduct outbound call outreach to new members and members in jeopardy regarding their AIA benefits and potential winback efforts for members at risk.
- Phone and email contact with components regarding membership related matters.
- Properly identify members under CES Audit and handle according to policy.
- Process transfers, upgrades, dues waivers/adjustments, status changes and address changes received from members and components.
- Support membership recruitment, retention and engagement efforts.
- Handles returned direct mail, renewal bounce backs emails, and incentive write-ins.
- Communicate with state and local components regarding additional information needed to process membership applications or other membership related matters.
- Conduct regular follow up to current and prospective members regarding information needed to satisfy completion of transactions, and log according to departmental policy.
- Works independently to respond to member and component inquiries timely for information regarding membership or knowledge-generated data; request may be received via telephone, fax, email or netFORUM contact inquiries.
- Provides input on the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of current policies and procedures to maximize team performance.
- Support membership data accuracy and data integrity efforts.
- Assists with testing technology enhancements as needed
- Assists with regular review and upkeep of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s) related to the membership call center operations.
- Accurately documents inquiries and offered information from members and customers in the AMS (netFORUM) database.
- Maintains flexibility in changing work schedule to accommodate needs of the membership operations, overtime may be required.
- Handles special projects as assigned by Director, Membership Operations and Manager, Membership Operations and performs other duties as assigned.
Current, prospective and former members
Regional, State and local component Staff/Volunteer Leaders
- AIA staff
- AIA Accounting
- AIA Digital Transformation Team
- AIA Information Technology
- AIA Association Management System Team