The Director of Foundation and Corporate Affairs will be responsible for developing and implementing sound development strategies that beneficially advance the goals and strategic priorities of the American Society for Nutrition (ASN) and its Foundation. The Director will be responsible for achieving the Society’s fundraising goals and engaging corporate, foundation and individual sponsors. The Director will staff the ASN Foundation Board and Sustaining Partner Roundtable.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages relationships with all Corporations (within the philanthropic and sponsorship context) through identification (new prospects) and effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Works with Meetings and Education staff and vendors to build corporate participation in ASN’s new flagship meeting.
- Ensures appropriate activation, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship of corporate and other funding commitments.
- Leads and develops effective strategies to obtain unrestricted and program specific support to Society programs and uses creative and flexible approaches to fund priority programs.
- Works closely with senior leadership and Board members to fully understand program objectives so that engaging and effective fundraising strategies can be designed and implemented.
- Maintains and updates database of individuals, companies, donors and external contacts.
- Develops short-term and long-range targets for Corporate and Foundation support (within the philanthropy and sponsorship context) that is realistic, challenging, and meets the core mission and vision of ASN and its Foundation.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and follows ethical standards for charitable giving as defined by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and the Partnership for Philanthropic Planning (PPP). Leads ASN and Foundation programs with integrity.
- Monitors key trends in food and nutrition industry; leverages opportunities and connects ASN and its partners in ways that promote improved public health.
Positions may be reassigned and responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 7 years of successful fundraising experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to a senior, established fundraiser in the profession that aligns with the duties of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated success in corporate fundraising solicitation, management and cultivation.
- Experience developing solid working relationships with donors.
- A record of success in leading, organizing and implementing financial goals and strategies, analyzing and identifying problems, and formulating creative solutions.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Leadership and strategic qualities to direct day-to-day activities and operations.
- Good understanding of the rules and regulations regarding 501(c)(3) fundraising programs and operations.
- Strong, effective communications skills that engage and persuade individuals to support ASN and Foundation programs, and that effectively market those programs to diverse, high profile, major corporate prospects.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
HOW TO APPLY:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.