Under the direction of the President & CEO, the Director of Learning is responsible for the oversight of Association Forum Shared Interest Groups (SIGs), Certified Association Executive (CAE) programs, the e-learning platform, a portion of the paid programming, and will support Forum Forward. This position serves a prominent role in Association Forum’s customer service efforts.
Essential responsibilities in core areas include:
Shared Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Serve as the staff liaison to designated SIGs (18 active)
- Train and develop SIG leaders through one-on-one meetings or virtual orientation, SIG Chair Orientation and SIG Chair Mid Year Meeting.
- Identify SIG topics with consultation of chair through the use of surveys, community discussion and other delivery mechanisms to identify topics, speakers, and location for meetings;
- Develop and work in collaboration with the marketing department on the execution of marketing efforts to increase attendance and retention, ensuring that program descriptions are consistent and include learner outcomes as outlined in the approved standard format for program announcements;
- Manage SIG communications and discussions among SIGs for relevant content or to avoid conflicts of interest among SIGs;
- Coordinate all aspects of SIG meetings including, web posts, reminders, sign-in sheets, evaluations, name tags, and AV for onsite SIG meetings.
Certified Association Executive (CAE) Study Program
- Serve as the staff liaison to CAE Working Group;
- Identify facilitators for CAE Study Group in collaboration with Working Group;
- Develop and coordinate CAE Facilitator Orientation to ensure consistency in the study group experience and success of CAE candidates in collaboration with the Working Group;
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for CAE Scholarship and CAE program in collaboration with Director of Marketing & Communications;
- Proactively support the design, development and execution of paid programing by assisting facilitator with marketing efforts to increase attendance and retention;
- In collaboration with Director of Marketing & Communications, develop and execute marketing strategy for assigned paid programs.
- Support logistical set up for events including F/B and room set.
- Support special events and programming in collaboration with key organizational stakeholders and members.
Forum Forward Support
- Manage event registration system;
- Identify and curate speakers for event education sessions in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Education Development;
- Manage speaker communications and logistics pre-event and during event;
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Forum Forward Advisory Group including documenting minutes, coordinating meetings, and group activities pre-event, proposal selection, and during the event;
- Develop, maintain, and manage online schedule of programming;
- Collaboration with internal team and event planning consultants to create and deliver innovative event planning and dynamic programming.