Admitted to the Virginia Association of REALTORS® as Members-at-Large in 1941, the Blue Ridge Association of REALTORS®, Inc. (BRAR) was charted by the National Association of REALTORS® on March 20, 1961, by 19 Real Estate Professionals with the goal of adopting a standard Code of Ethics and providing better service to the public.
On May 9, 1961, the NAR Board of Directors approves Blue Ridge as... a member board.
On November 12, 1963, our name changed to Blue Ridge Board of REALTORS®.
On November 16, 1977, its was changed to Blue Ridge Board of REALTORS®, Inc.
On November 4, 1992, it was changed to Blue Ridge Association of REALTORS®, Inc.
We have grown with the community and the nation. BRAR with its state and national counterparts, make up the largest and oldest professional trade group in the nation. We are the advocates for everyone who owns or hopes to own real estate. We are the guardians for the right to own private property and we do this through educations programs, governmental and legislative assistance on local, state and nation levels.