Administrative, Clerical, Support, Customer Service and Support
The administrative specialist provides administrative support to the executive director and all general areas. The administrative specialist is the primary office and phone contact for stakeholders regarding general association inquiries, assist with accounts payable and accounts receivable, is responsible for data entry, and demonstrates a high level of customer service. The specialist provides clerical administrative support for other areas as needed.
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Remains fully knowledgeable of all TSAE’s programs, educational offerings, membership benefits, and dues structure to answer inquiries and to assist with general inquiries and promote membership to TSAE’s stakeholders.
2. Provides administrative support to the executive director and other areas as needed.
3. Assists the membership coordinator with routine database maintenance and reports.
4. Assists the membership coordinator with the annual membership renewal process including billing/editing membership records, printing, and verifying invoices.
5. Provides primary phone support and exceptional customer service for general inquiries.
6. Responsible for all association’s membership return mail, address corrections generated through the association’s data base.
7.Assists finance department with accounts payable, including processing incoming invoices and coordinating payment.
8. Assists finance department with accounts receivable, including processing incoming payments and following up on outstanding balances due.
9. Assist business development director in creation/distribution of sponsorship invoices and in the execution of deliverables.
10. Responsible for processing and distributing incoming mail.
11. Orders office supplies.
12. Coordinates logistics for internal office meetings.
13. Assist in contacting non-renewing members to ensure membership invoices were received to ensure their memberships are current.
14. Assists the education director with data entry of CEU credits.
15. Oversee database entry, registration, badges and general support for all of TSAE programs.
16. In concert with association staff, fulfills stakeholders’ requests to distribute materials promptly.
17. As assigned, may attend and perform pre-determined responsibilities at TSAE meetings.
18. Performs other duties as assigned by the executive director.
Background/Requirements: 1. Education: High school degree. Associate or undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university and association management experience is preferred but not required.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
3. Experience with iMIS Association Management Software preferred but not required.
4. Demonstrated secretarial and administrative experience; including computer experience (specifically word processing and database entry); ten-key by touch, good mathematical skills, able to handle multiple priorities with attention to details; effective oral and written communication skills; exceptional telephone skills; able to work with staff and members; service-oriented attitude. Individual must be able to lift boxes up to forty (40) pounds.
5. Must have reliable transportation.
6. This position is not eligible as a telecommuting position.
7. Travel: At short notice, successful candidate will be available for evening and weekend work and may travel up to 5% of the time.
Additional Salary Information: TSAE offers competitive salary range for organization size as well as excellent benefits, including full employee health insurance; paid PTO; employer-matching retirement fund; support for professional development. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Founded in 1928 as Texas Trade Association Executives, TSAE is a 501(c)(6) professional society for executives of voluntary trade, professional or other associations. TSAE provides education, idea exchange, and networking opportunities, all designed to enhance professionalism and promote high standards of conduct among Texas association executives. TSAE’s membership consists of nearly 1,000 profes...sionals who represent Texas-based associations and societies as well as corporations and firms that provide services to associations. TSAE’s budget is in the $1.5 million range. The organization is governed by a 19-member Board of Directors, and seven professionals staff the Austin, Texas headquarters.