Education and Training, Project Management/Program Development
The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) seeks a highly motivated, well-organized individual for the position of Director of Education. The Director of Education is responsible for the development and direction of the organization’s sleep health education agenda, related education activities, and all continuing medical education (CME) activities. He/she reports to the Vice President of Programs and works with a tight-knit group of staff and assigned independent consultants.
Ideal candidates will be able to develop a vision and direction for the future of NSF’s sleep health education programming and ideas / strategy for new activities including CME and non-CME education. The following qualities are preferred: experience with CME/ACCME policies and processes, original thinker, confident speaker, welcomes new responsibilities, comfortable handling multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment, and able to provide leadership, direction, and creative ideas for both existing and new education initiatives. This position has significant opportunity for growth and responsibility.
To apply, email your 1) resume, 2) cover letter, and 3) current and desired salary with subject line “Education Director” to email@example.com. Applications missing any of these 3 requirements will not be considered.
- Provide staffing for NSF’s Education Committee and CME Task Force.
- Develop a vision and direction for NSF’s sleep health education agenda including professional & clinical education, CME, and public education.
- Manage NSF’s Continuing Medical Education (CME) accreditation and all CME activities including live activities, web-based, and accreditation offered to other providers.
- Direct all aspects of existing / established educational programs including timelines, logistics, content, speaker management, and CME (if applicable).
- Identify and propose new areas of opportunities for NSF to disseminate sleep health education including forming relationships and partnerships with other organizations.
- Manage relationship with NSF’s Education Fellow and direct the workload (i.e., conducting research for gap analysis, needs assessments, conducting research surveys/panels, evaluation and analysis of program success); collaborate on development and direction of content for each education course.
- Ensure all courses for CME credit are compliant with ACCME policies, including consistency with NSF’s CME mission and organizational goals.
- Recruit, train and supervise external resources, including business partners, vendors, consultants, volunteers, interns; identify and secure needed resources.
- Coordinate with NSF’s Development Department to secure grant funding for programs.
- Manage and track project budgets and ensure budget compliance.
- Other tasks as required.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, science or other related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with education programs in a health / nonprofit field
- Knowledge of ACCME guidelines and work with CME programs preferred
- Knowledge of CME grant systems for funding support preferred
- Superb written and oral presentation, communication and analytic skills
- Creative, strategic thinker with the ability to direct and shape the future of NSF’s education programs
- Strong project management skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized; meticulous in following directions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, under pressure, handle multiple tasks, meet tight deadlines, and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Additional Salary Information: To apply, email your 1) resume, 2) cover letter, and 3) current and desired salary with subject line “Education Director” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications missing any of these 3 requirements will not be considered.
Located in Arlington, VA with convenient metro access (Ballston station), NSF offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; paid vacation and sick days; retirement plan; flexible spending plan; and metro program.
The National Sleep Foundation is dedicated to improving health and well-being through sleep education and advocacy. Founded in 1990 by the leaders in sleep medicine, NSF is the trusted resource for sleep science, healthy sleep habits, and sleep disorders to medical professionals, patients and the public. For more information visit sleepfoundation.org or sleep.org. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.